Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a must have at all of our family's parties and holidays. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, sofened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat the chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium hear until it is heated through.
- Stir in the cream cheese and ranch dressing. Continue stirring until well blended.
- Mix in 1/2 the cheese and transfer to an oven safe pot.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cover and cook on a low heat until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers and celery.
i was disappointed with this recipe even as a wing lover! the chicken consistency was a little strange in it. next time i would omit the chicken and go easier on the hot sauce. i agree that it goes great with veggies like celery. it wasn't cheesy enough for tortilla chips in my opinion.
This was a really tasty dip. It was OK with dry crackers (I used savory herb crackers). But I thought it was even better with a platter of fresh vegetables. It especially went well with fresh celery strips (like the recipe says!). I went really light on the hot sauce though (to suit my family's preference). But other than that, I followed the recipe as written. It makes an awful lot, so next time I'll cut the recipe in half (which is what shows in my photo) because even half a batch would be sufficient for most of my needs. Thanks for sharing, CassandraLynne. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.
I really liked this dip and so did all my guest when I served this hot tasty appetizer. its cheap, easy and quick to make. thanks littlechef.