Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great, easy dip for tailgates and parties. Tastes like buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dressing. Serve with thick chips and/or celery. A little different than the other buffalo chicken dips.
- Boil in a large sauce pan enough water to cook the chicken breasts.
- Then, boil the chicken until its cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, pat dry, and shred with a fork.
- Then place the shredded chicken in a large baking dish.
- For a tailgate, I usually use 2 of those disposable 8 by 8 aluminum pans, or one large lasagna-size one.
- Pour your desired amount of hot sauce over the chicken, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Set this dish in the refrigerator to let the chicken absorb the flavor.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Next, over medium heat in a large pan, melt the cream cheese.
- Pour in the blue cheese dressing and stir until they are completely combined.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove, but don't turn the oven off.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starting to brown just a little.
- Serve hot or cold with chips!
Yum! I used Frank's Buffalo Sauce (as someone recommend) and fell in love with the sauce (it's really good on eggs). I have made this 3 or 4 times now. I have used both blu cheese dressing and ranch dressing and I am much fonder of the blu cheese. I have also used chicken breasts that I have baked (seasoned with salt and pepper), cooled and shredded and in a pinch I used canned chicken. I prefer the baked chicken breast, but the canned tasted good- the consistency was better with the baked chicken. I don't see why you couldn't also use a grocery store roast chicken too. This has been a hit every time I serve it! Thanks for the recipe.
I really didn't care for this dip. The blue cheese and cream cheese made it too milky. And there was a lot of grease. I was very disappointed. I won't be making this dip again.