Recipe by Messy44
This is a variation on the original Chex mix based on Buffalo chicken wing sauce. I got it from a newspaper coupon. Very easy and delicious - a bit spicy! Add more or less hot sauce to your liking. Would be great served with ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
Top Review by DeniseBC
This is almost identical to a recipe we got at a recent TOH Cooking School. The only difference is that theirs had 2T less butter and 1/2 t. less hot sauce. I made it for a church function where the theme was salty snacks and everyone really enjoyed it. I will say it is addictive!! Glad to see you had it posted already Messy44!!
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups parmesan fish shaped crackers
- 2 cups pretzels, small
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Louisiana brand)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cereals, crackers and pretzels in large bowl. Set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Set oven for 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave, add hot sauce and seasonings and mix well. Pour over cereal mix and stir until evenly coated. Put half of mix on each cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake both sheets at 350 for 20 minutes, then stir mix. Reverse sheets in oven (switch places). Bake an additional 20 minutes, checking to make sure it isn't getting too browned (mine took the full 40 minutes).
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.