Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a variation on the original Chex mix based on Buffalo chicken wing sauce. I got it from a newspaper coupon. Very easy and delicious - a bit spicy! Add more or less hot sauce to your liking. Would be great served with ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping.
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups parmesan fish shaped crackers
- 2 cups pretzels, small
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (I use Louisiana brand)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Mix cereals, crackers and pretzels in large bowl. Set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with foil. Set oven for 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in microwave, add hot sauce and seasonings and mix well. Pour over cereal mix and stir until evenly coated. Put half of mix on each cookie sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake both sheets at 350 for 20 minutes, then stir mix. Reverse sheets in oven (switch places). Bake an additional 20 minutes, checking to make sure it isn't getting too browned (mine took the full 40 minutes).
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
This is almost identical to a recipe we got at a recent TOH Cooking School. The only difference is that theirs had 2T less butter and 1/2 t. less hot sauce. I made it for a church function where the theme was salty snacks and everyone really enjoyed it. I will say it is addictive!! Glad to see you had it posted already Messy44!!
This is addictive. I made it for a girls night out.I used crispix cereal because that is what I had. Thanks!
Am I the only one who had this burning after 8 minutes? All other Chex Mix recipes call for 250, not 350 oven temp. Wish I had seen that before I made this. Had to throw the whole batch away. The flavor combo smelled wonderful before it turned into a burnt mess.