1 hr 20 mins
This is a recipe from Epicurious by Dale Talde, Thistle Hill Tavern, Brooklyn, NY that we made for dinner. DH loves cauliflower and me, not so much. But this is awesome, spicy and delicious. I will now eat cauliflower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce, I use Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Asian chili sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, crumbled (or more)
- 1Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cut the stalk end of the cauliflower off so the the head sits flat.
- 3Place cauliflower a large baking sheet, I sprayed mine with cooking spray.
- 4Rub 2 tablespoons of canola oil all over cauliflower.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Roast until the outside starts to brown about 30 minutes.
- 7Transfer cauliflower to a cutting board and let cool.
- 8Once the cauliflower is cool, cut into florets.
- 9In a medium saucepan over moderate heat bring the hot sauce, Sriacha to a boil.
- 10Reduce the heat to a simmer and slowly whisk the butter until fully incorporated about 5 minutes.
- 11Remove from heat and let cool.
- 12In a large, deep sauté pan over moderate heat warm the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil.
- 13Add the cauliflower florets, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 14Saute until until heated through.
- 15Add enough Buffalo Sauce to coat and continue sautéing until both the cauliflower and the sauce are hot, about 5 minutes.
- 16Transfer cauliflower to serving plate and garnish with blue cheese.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.1
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.1 mg
- Sodium 1643.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce