Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from Epicurious by Dale Talde, Thistle Hill Tavern, Brooklyn, NY that we made for dinner. DH loves cauliflower and me, not so much. But this is awesome, spicy and delicious. I will now eat cauliflower.
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper sauce, I use Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Asian chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, crumbled (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the stalk end of the cauliflower off so the the head sits flat.
- Place cauliflower a large baking sheet, I sprayed mine with cooking spray.
- Rub 2 tablespoons of canola oil all over cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast until the outside starts to brown about 30 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a cutting board and let cool.
- Once the cauliflower is cool, cut into florets.
- In a medium saucepan over moderate heat bring the hot sauce, Sriacha to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and slowly whisk the butter until fully incorporated about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large, deep sauté pan over moderate heat warm the remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil.
- Add the cauliflower florets, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Saute until until heated through.
- Add enough Buffalo Sauce to coat and continue sautéing until both the cauliflower and the sauce are hot, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to serving plate and garnish with blue cheese.