Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We can thank Cooking Light for this one! This got even DD eating fish and liking it!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 lb catfish fillet, cut into 1/2 " strips
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- cut-up celery
- cut-up carrot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first six ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Place egg whites in another shallow dish.
- Place cornflakes in another shallow dish.
- Dredge fish strips in flour mixture, then egg whites, then corn flakes.
- Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- When all the strips are done, spray them lightly on top with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turning after the first five minutes.
- Combine hot sauce, pepper sauce, and Worcestershire in a pan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 1 minute.
- Add butter, stirring to incorporate.
- Drizzle hot sauce over cooked fish.
- Serve with ranch dressing and veggie sticks.