Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spiced with cardamom and cinnamon I serve these with maple syrup and sprinkle with toasted pecan pieces.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stir to blend.
- Combine milk, oil, and egg stir into flour.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot greased nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Turn pancakes when the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges are dry.
I love buckwheat pancakes and the added spices in these put them over the top! Cardamom is a favorite of mine and that is what caught my eye while searching for breakfast! WARNING: These are very hearty pancakes, so you may want to add more milk and make them thinner. I like them thick and chewy! :) I forgot to add the pecans as suggested in the description :( I did serve with real maple syrup, though!