Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a meal on its own or a nice side dish. You decide.
Make and share this Buckwheat Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml buckwheat groats, roasted (kasha)
- 414.03 ml filtered water or 414.03 ml vegetable stock
- 44.37 ml toasted sesame oil
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 1 leaf lime, sliced very thin
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 44.37 ml green onions, diced
- 177.44 ml carrot, grated
- 29.58 ml soy sauce (to taste)
- 14.79 ml cilantro, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Place water or stock in a 3 quart pot and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add buckwheat, cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until kasha is tender and liquid is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Gently fluff with a fork and place in a large mixing bowl.
- While buckwheat is cooking, place 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a medium size sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Add garlic, lime leaf and red bell pepper, cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, adding small amounts of water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add to bowl with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add a handful of rinsed and chopped kale and 1/2 cup of cubed tofu while cooking buckwheat.