Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Buckwheat flour is hard to make bread with, but tastes great once you get the proportions figured out. This is the recipe I use for my bread maker. comes out tall and a little bit lighter than other recipes.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 3 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 Mix your buckwheat and regular flour in a bowl.
- 2 Dissolve sugar and salt into your measured luke warm water.
- 3 Whip the egg yolk and whites (you can skip the yoke if preferred).
- 4. Combine the eggs and the rest of liquid ingredients in bowl and stir together.
- 5 Put all the liquid in the bottom of the maker and pour dry ingredients on top.
- 6 Make an indentation on top of the flour pile and place your 3t of yeast on top of the dry mix.
- 7 Set your machine to your regular bread recipe (or the one that does not pre-heat -- remember the recipes uses eggs the preheat will coagulate the egg protein). This is a 1K loaf so comes out pretty big. The loaf comes out pretty dark so if you have a crust color selector choose the lightest setting.