Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Homemade peanut butter cups that are the family requirement for Christmas goodies.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1.5 (16 ounce) packages powdered sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1 (16 ounce) box paraffin wax (Gulf Wax household preferred)
- mix peanut butter , butter and sugar until blended, adding drops of milk to moisten if needed. (You want a pliable dough not a crumbly mess).
- Shape into 1-inch balls; chill 10 minutes or until firm.
- In a double Boiler over medium heat melt kisses and Semisweet Chocolate morsels, stirring to mix when melted.
- shave off 1/4 cup of Paraffin wax and add to the chocolate mixture. (This hardens the candy coating and smooths out the chocolate for an even coating. Yes, it's OK to eat in small quantity!).
- Dip each ball in chocolate mixture until coated; place on wax paper to harden.
- Store in an airtight container.
used little bark too and it worked out great. Big hit when we included it with the christmas cookies