Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry This is a yummy, cheesy chicken casserole created from a memory of one I had at a banquet at the University of Cincinnati 20 years ago. It is a quick throw and go recipe, perfect when the family has to be fed quickly. Use cooked chicken breast from the deli sliced about 3/4" thick, cooked rice, cooked bacon bits, etc. and it will come together in less than ten minutes.
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packageroasted chicken flavor rice, cooked
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded (divided)
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup baby carrots, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced (do not drain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1. Spray a six cup casserole with butter flavored cooking spray and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix, sour cream and milk.
- 2. Meanwhile, mince the shallot and add to the dressing mix.
- 3. Stir in the cooked rice, 1/2 cup cheddar/jack cheese, cubed chicken, bacon bits, baby carrots, green chilies and lemon zest.
- 4. Put the mixture in the casserole and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar jack and 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.