Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderfully quick, easy and tasty supper dish, courtesy of the Godfather of Italian cookery, Antonio Carluccio.
- 14 ounces bucatini pasta
- 2 ounces butter or 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta or 4 ounces bacon, cut into small strips
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces grated pecorino cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Heat the butter and fry the pancetta until lightly browned; set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks and the milk in a bowl. Add the cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the bacon and add the pasta.
- Warm through, but do not cook the eggs. Toss well adding plenty of black pepper.
A delightful and easy to prepare pasta dish. My only additions were some minced garlic in step 2 and some chopped sage in step 3. Loved the pancetta with pasta cooked this way. We all enjoyed this with warmed crusty ciabatta rolls and sparkling white wine. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Noo!
I am not giving a star rating since it was the first time doing a pasta this way. We loved the pancetta but found the dish as a whole to not be something we cared for. I did add a bit of fresh garlic to the mix Made for PRMR
Love it! I couldn't find bucatini so I used Gemili which I think worked really well. This was a simple and tasty meal. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. The pancetta was terrific!!