Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from here = http://italianfood.about.com/od/pastabasics/ig/The-Pasta-Shapes-Gallery/Bucatini.htm Cooking time is an estimate only at this point.
- 350 g bucatini pasta
- 226.79 g fresh mild pork sausage
- 2 eggplants
- 250 g canned tomatoes
- olive oil
- 0.25 ml fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- grated parmigiano or romano cheese
- Peel and dice the eggplant, put the pieces in a colander, sprinkle them well with salt, and let them sit for an hour in the sink, while the salt draws out the bitter juices. Rinse and pat them dry.
- Set pasta water to heat, salt it when it boils, and cook the bucatini.
- While doing this, skin and crumble the sausage into a pan, add the eggplant and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, and sauté the mixture until the sausage begins to brown and the eggplant has wilted.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme, and continue cooking covered for about 10 minutes, adding a little more liquid if the sauce looks like it's drying out.
- When the pasta is done, season it with the sauce and serve it with the cheese on the side.