Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These are not to eat! they are to use in the bath. they make a luxurious gift. You can use whatever scent of essential oil of your choice as well as food coloring color of your choice. citric acid can be found at most craft stores
- 1 cup baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup citric acid
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 drops essential oils
- 6 drops food coloring
- 2 teaspoons water
- combine baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid and sugar in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- with the processor running, drizzle all oils through the feed tube and process to blend.
- add food coloring and just enough water to bring mixture to a crumbly mass with a consistency like damp sand.
- transer mixture to ice cube trays pressing firmly into each to mold.
- set cubes in a cool dry place and let dry overnight.
- remove cubes from tray carefully, they should feel dry and hard.
- package cubes into a glass jar.