Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Paula Deen; from her brother
- 7 braeburn apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 6 (8 oz.) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, flour, brown sugar, and lemon juice; toss gently to coat.
- Add caramel topping, stirring to combine.
- Spoon apple mixture evenly into prepared ramekins.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry.
- Using desired cutter, cut shapes from pastry.
- Place over apple mixture in ramekins.
- Brush pastry lightly with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.