Recipe by Blovesh
I honestly believe that this dip is the reason I get invited to get-togethers. It is extremely versatile - you can add just about any veggies you want. I've added olives (not my fave, just cuz I don't like them), jalapenos, and cilantro (delicious if you like it!) and avocado all to rave reviews. By the time you've made it once, you will easily be able to take liberties to adjust it to your taste. Enjoy! Comment with any feedback or tweeking you may have done! Served with tortilla chips. My rule of thumb is one bag of chips per pan.
Top Review by tbarteck
Recipe is awesome one thing we do if it's for family only in house put tomatoes black olives and anything that sticks to dip first so it's easier to eat and will leave lettuce off to take as you go doesn't get soggy
- 8 ounces cream cheese (the standard "brick")
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 4 ounces taco sauce (I like La Victoria Red, Medium)
- 2 cups chopped or shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, microwave cream cheese just to soften.
- Add sour cream and taco seasoning mix to softened cream cheese. Blend the mixture well and try to get out all the lumps. Using an electric mixer makes it a much easier task, but I usually just stir it manually.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of an inch-deep baking sheet.
- Pour taco sauce over the top, spreading it lightly with the bottom of a spoon to cover entire mixture.
- Top with remaining ingredients. The order I use is: lettuce, tomato, onion, then cheese. Of course, you can do what you want but it looks really nice when the cheese is on the very top.