Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
Adapted from Serious Eats - after the famed Motorino pizzeria in Brooklyn. http://bit.ly/bIvSj1
- 4 Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 lb pizza dough
- 6 ounces buffalo mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 550°F with a pizza stone on the lowest rack.
- Cut 1/4" off the stem end of each Brussels sprout, then cut out the core. Discard any bruised or damaged outer leaves, then separate the remaining leaves.
- Sprinkle pizza peel with cornmeal, then form dough into a pizza. Tear mozzarella into 10-12 pieces and scatter over dough. Distribute Brussels sprout leaves over the pizza. Scatter garlic and pancetta over dough as well. Sprinkle with Parmigiano and salt, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Slide pizza onto hot stone. Bake 12-14 minutes; check after 7 minutes, turning 180° if baking unevenly.
Delicious pizza, the brussels sprouts are really the star here. I did make some modifications - subbed goat cheese/prosciutto and used less, and baked at 450. I am glad I did, the brussels sprouts would have completely burned (unless maybe you added them just the last few minutes?). I would also probably use 3 garlic cloves next time. This pizza really is a great combo, definitely worth making again.