Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is a simple and easy dinner. It is realtively low in fat and calories but tastes delicious. You can use a clove of galric in place or the galic powder or leftover bacon instead of the botteled bacon pieces. I use the 50% less fat bacon pieces from Hormel; convienence is important to me. :-) Great as is, or serve with salad and rolls.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 links chicken-apple sausages, sliced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hormel real bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spary a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add veggies, sausage, bacon bits, salt pepper, garlic powder and drizzle the olive oil over the top. Combine ingredietns until well blended.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Then uncover, add balsamic vinegar and toss veggies.
- Bake again uncovered for 10-15 minutes until veggies are cooked to your liking.