1/4 Photos of Bruschetta With Roasted Red Peppers Yummy!
1 hr 15 mins
This is one of the recipes I've adpoted and made, using a tomato garlic mixture. We loved the added flavor of the roasted red peppers. To save time, you might want to use the roasted red peppers that you buy in a jar, which I think would work very well in this recipe. Hope you enjoy. We sure did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red bell pepper (or 2 small)
- 1/4-1/2 extra virgin olive oil for brushing the pepper and French bread
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cut in half
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (First Cold Press)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1Brush red pepper with olive oil.
- 2Roast red bell peppers over a medium indirect heat until charred on all sides. (This took about 20 minutes).
- 3Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam.
- 4When cool enough to handle, peel and remove seeds, cut into strips and reserve.
- 5Mix the tomatoes, basil, parsley, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together and set aside to allow the flavors to blend.
- 6Brush each side of french bread with olive oil.
- 7Grill the bread over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. (about 4-5 minutes on each side, but watch closely).
- 8Cut each piece of french bread into 2 slices (I didn't use the very ends of the french bread).
- 9Top with 4-5 slices of roasted pepper and spoon the tomato mixture over the top with some of the juice.
- 10Add parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta With Roasted Red Peppers Yummy!
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 663.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g