Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of the recipes I've adpoted and made, using a tomato garlic mixture. We loved the added flavor of the roasted red peppers. To save time, you might want to use the roasted red peppers that you buy in a jar, which I think would work very well in this recipe. Hope you enjoy. We sure did.
- 1 large red bell pepper (or 2 small)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 extra virgin olive oil for brushing the pepper and French bread
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, cut in half
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (First Cold Press)
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Brush red pepper with olive oil.
- Roast red bell peppers over a medium indirect heat until charred on all sides. (This took about 20 minutes).
- Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and remove seeds, cut into strips and reserve.
- Mix the tomatoes, basil, parsley, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper together and set aside to allow the flavors to blend.
- Brush each side of french bread with olive oil.
- Grill the bread over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. (about 4-5 minutes on each side, but watch closely).
- Cut each piece of french bread into 2 slices (I didn't use the very ends of the french bread).
- Top with 4-5 slices of roasted pepper and spoon the tomato mixture over the top with some of the juice.
- Add parmesan cheese and enjoy.
So good! As with other reviewers, I used the jarred peppers, but will most definitely try this with fresh roasted next time. I also used fresh parsley along with fresh basil and I had to reduce the garlic to 1 clove, as my husband was heading off to work the day I made this. Will add the full amount next time nobody is heading out the door. LoL! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
made it with jarred marco polo long red peppers. Fantastic! Thanks for a quick and easy and tasty recipe! I put it together in under 5 minutes!!
Wonderful bruschetta recipe Nimz! I did use red peppers from a jar and they worked great. Didnt seed the tomatoes, just chopped very small. Used 1/2 teaspoon of salt for us, the parmesan cheese adds a salty flavor. Wish I could give this more than 5 stars! Thank you hon!