Recipe by Lorac
Ammogghui is a Scilian tomato sauce that has been made to accompany fish and beef for centuries.The original sauce was made with roasted tomatoes, garlic and first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Posted by request.
Top Review by Derf
Lorac, this sauce was very good. I made cod fillets for supper tonight and used this sauce on it, as a finishing sauce. Very nice, made it just as written and next time will try it as a bruschetta. Might have used a little more than a pinch of chili pepper flakes, it had a nice bite! Love the basil and garlic combination. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb red ripe tomato, peeled,seeded,chopped
- 2 cloves fresh white garlic, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 pinch hot red chili pepper flakes
- sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices country bread, thickly sliced