1/3 Photos of Bruschetta Sundae
Except for my Twisted Sister’s Creamy Cucumber Salad & Kate's Afternoon Wine Cooler (Zwt - France), I am largely recipe-oriented & just not esp good at orig recipes. BUT this unique & highly touted recipe was pictured in a newspaper restaurant review & inspired me to get copycat-creative. Described as the most popular appy at the Oliveto Italian Bistro in Tulsa, OK, the ingredients were listed & I combined them w/my imagination + a basil-marinated tomatoes recipe borrowed from the Vic’s Recipes website & credited to *It Is About Time* by Michael Schlow. This is a very easy-fix, so do not be put-off by my penchant for detail. Altho an appy at Oliveto, I can easily see this recipe expanded to a luncheon entrée & I included a note at the end of the prep to suggest other optional adds for that purpose. *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Appy Se ...
Units: US | Metric
For Balsamic Glaze
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (packed)
For Basil-Marinated Tomatoes
- 4 plum tomatoes (ripe & cut in med dice ~ An = amt of grape or cherry tomatoes is OK if they are what is really good)
- 8 -10 large basil leaves (torn into sml pieces)
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper (to taste pref)
- 1 loaf baguette (Pre-baked ~ Do not use sandwich bread. Use baguette or another artisan type bread.)
- garlic-infused olive oil (for brushing)
- 1For Balsamic Glaze: Combine balsamic vinegar w/brown sugar, mix well & set aside.
- 2For Basil-Marinated Tomatoes: Combine all ingredients in a bowl & marinate for at least 1 hour.
- 3For Bread: Preheat oven to 350°F Slice baguette into 1-in slices. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of ea slice w/the garlic-infused olive oil. Quarter ea slice, place on a baking sheet & bake till crisp.
- 4To Serve Sundaes: Divide toasted baguette cubes among 4 appy serving plates. Pour off any excess liquid from the marinated tomatoes, add the balsamic glaze to the tomatoes mixture & mix well. Divide tomatoes among the 4 plates & top w/Asiago cheese + basil leaves (if desired).
- 5NOTE: To expand this dish to luncheon entrée size, consider adding red onion, black olives, mushrooms, pancetta or whatever else your taste buds fancy.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bruschetta Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 694.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: