Top Review by Baby Chevelle
This was a great addition to my WW recipes. If u like onions u will like this. I made it exactly as written the first time, it was yummy. In a hurry the second time and did not heat the canadian bacon, I could tell the difference, which was a shock. Still good though, I just know to take the time to heat the bacon next time and it just adds that something extra. Can't wait for Vadalias to come into season. Thanx for a wonderful recipe for sooo little points.
- 1⁄4 lb Canadian bacon, cut into small dice
- 4 6 inch pita breads
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sauté the bacon in a nonstick skillet over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Split the pitas by using a serrated knife to cut all the way around the perimeter of each pita bread.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet, cut side up, and toast under a broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until just barely colored.
- Divide the tomato and onion between the pita rounds and sprinkle with the bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, basil, and pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle evenly over the rounds and broil for 1 to 2 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned around the edges.