Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really great make ahead breakfast. I have been making casseroles for a long time and thought instead of having one big dish, everyone gets their own. Makes a nice presentation. Use any meat combo you want or use just one.
- 5 slices crustless bread (1" thick)
- 5 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup of cooked peameal bacon or 1⁄2 cup cooked sausage
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Use 4 french onion soup bowls or other oven proof 2 cup bowls.
- Spray bottom with non-stick spray.
- Cube the bread.
- Line bottom of bowls with cubed bread.
- Divide meat into 4 portions and put on bread.
- Do the same with the cheese.
- Mix the milk and eggs with hand blender til frothy.
- Add the worcestershire,salt and pepper to eggs.
- Pour mixture into the bowls, use equal amounts in each bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put into the fridge overnight.
- Next morning bring bowls to room tempature.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 1/2 an hour at 350 degrees.
This was a great idea for individual servings. Family loved it. Thank you for sharing!