Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another discovery from a misplaced (and recently relocated) issue of Cooking Digest. A little extra effort, but worth it. These are delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup ground roasted hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 grated orange, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 dessert apple (peeled, cored and grated)
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in large bowl.
- Stir in hazelnuts (reserving a few for garnish) and sugar.
- Mix orange peel, butter, milk and eggs in separate bowl.
- Stir the apple into the flour mixture.
- Gently stir the egg mixture and orange juice into the flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan that has been lined with baking cups.
- Top each baking cup of batter with a few hazelnuts for garnish.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until well-risen and golden.