Recipe by cookiedog
How do you make a banana split taste even better? Brulee the banana! Recipe courtesy The Deen Brothers.
- 1 banana, peeled and split lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- chocolate syrup, for topping
- caramel sauce, for topping
- whipped cream, for topping
- candy sprinkles, for topping
- maraschino cherry, for topping
- mint, garnish for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Lay the banana halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the brown sugar. Torch until sugar begins to bubble, or put under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until the sugar melts and starts to bubble. Watch closely to make sure they don't burn.
- Place the scoops of ice cream in a bowl or a long banana-split bowl and place the banana halves on either side.
- Top with chocolate and caramel sauces to taste, then the whipped cream, sprinkles and as many cherries as you can handle! Garnish with fresh mint.