Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
High in protein and low in sugar & fat. I you are used to very sweet brownies, you may want to add some Splenda or extra sugar. These are dairy free.
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 (300 g) package silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chili powder (if using); set aside.
- Cream cocoa, tofu, applesauce, oil, and sugar; incorporate dry ingredients, then fold in walnuts (if using).
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square or round pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until slightly underdone, at 350°F Cool slightly before removing from pan.