Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
One for the ice-cream and chocolate lovers.
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream, softened
- 80 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped coarsley
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (150g)
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour (75g)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (60g)
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped walnuts (50g)
Hot fudge sauce
- 50 g dark chocolate, chopped coarsley
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon Tia Maria or 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- Line bases and sides of 8cm x 26cm bar cake pan with baking paper.
- Press ice-cream into pan, cover with foil; freeze overnight.
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Line base and sides of another 8cm x 26cm bar cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine butter and chocolate into small saucepan, stir over low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to medium bowl.
- Stir in sugar, cool.
- Stir in eggs then flour, sour cream and nuts.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan; bake uncovered, in moderate oven about 40 minutes.
- Cool brownie in pan.
- Turn onto wire rack; remove paper.
- Trim narrow ends; cut brown in 12 slices.
- Turn ice-cream out of pan; cut into eight slices.
- Stack, starting and finishing with brownie, alternate slices of ice-cream and brownie.
- Drizzle each stack with hot fudge sauce.
- Hot Fudge Sauce: Combine chocolate, cream, sugar and coffee in small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur.