Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 box brownie mix
- 5 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Bake 1 brownie mix according to directions,but bake a few minutes less, in the bottoms of 2 pie tins.
- Beat egg yokes until thick and lemon colored.Slowly beat in sugar.Soften gelatin in cold water and add 1/3 of the bourbon.
- Heat this mixture of bourbon over boiling water until gelatin dissolves.
- Pour into yolks and stir briskly.
- Add remaining bourbon.
- Whip 1-cup of cream and fold into mixture.
- Pour filling into brownie crust and chill 4 hours.
- Top with remaining cream whipped with a pinch of salt & sugar to taste.Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top.