Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Here's a simple recipe for Brownie Alaskas that will result in a very tasty dessert. An elegant party show-stopper!
- Make brownie mix according to package directions, using a 9 inch square pan; let cool completely. Cut brownies into 3 inch squares.
- Arrange brownies on a cookie sheet; top each brownie with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze at least an hour.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until frothy. Gradually add sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Remove ice cream topped brownies from freezer. Spread meringue over ice cream, sealing to edge of brownie. bake at 500 degrees F. for 2 to 3 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
- Serve Brownie Alaskas immediately.
- Time includes freezing time.