1/1 Photo of Browned Butter and Hazelnut Mashed Potatoes
Sydney Mike's Note:
The recipe for this really decadent looking dish was found in the Sunset Best Recipes 2010 cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large covered pot of cold water, bring potatoes to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium & cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes & leave them in the pot.
- 2Meantime, in a large frying pan, cook hazelnuts over medium heat, stirring often, until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add butter to the nuts & cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until butter is golden brown & flecked with brown bits & hazelnuts are dark brown, then pour hazelnut mixture into a bowl & set aside.
- 4Mash the hot potatoes in the pot, then add milk, yogurt, salt & pepper, mashing to blend.
- 5Transfer to a serving bowl, & spoon about half the warm hazelnut mixture over the top, serving the rest on the side.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Browned Butter and Hazelnut Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 462.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: