Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Decadently rich and delicious! From Good Food Magazine, September 1986
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped (about 2 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt onto waxed paper. Combine cream and vanilla in measuring cup.
- Beat butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed and gradually crumble in brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat until light and fluffy.
- Gently stir in flour in 4 additions, alternating with cream mixture, mixing just until smooth. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake on rack in lower third of oven until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1-1/4 hours. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.