1/1 Photo of Brown-Sugar Pound Cake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Decadently rich and delicious! From Good Food Magazine, September 1986
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped (about 2 oz.)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder, and salt onto waxed paper. Combine cream and vanilla in measuring cup.
- 4Beat butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed and gradually crumble in brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 5Beat in eggs, one at a time, then beat until light and fluffy.
- 6Gently stir in flour in 4 additions, alternating with cream mixture, mixing just until smooth. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top.
- 7Bake on rack in lower third of oven until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1-1/4 hours. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown-Sugar Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.2
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 112.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g