Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I posted this recipe as Gail's request after an extensive search in Betty Crocker's website, and the result is this excellent crust to use for cheesecakes with fruit fillings or also for fruit pies. Enjoy it.
- 1 1⁄3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- NOTES: 2/3 cup butter equals about 1 stick + 3 tablespoons aprox. You can also add chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds to the crust ingredients for a special flavor.
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease and flour 13 x 9" baking pan or a 12-inch pizza pan.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter, using fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Press firmly and evenly against bottom and side of pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown and cool.