Recipe by isingofhislove
Courtesy of Crisco. This is a very quick and easy recipe for someone needing a cookie recipe on a budget.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
These were very good, I creamed them well, they rolled nicely and baked into biscuits, crisp on the outside, very slightly chewy on the inside, a nice biscuit. Thank you for a good basic biscuit! Made for PAC Spring 2008
- 1 cup crisco butter shortening (or Crisco butter shortening sticks)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pillsbury best all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter flavor shortening and brown sugar, egg and vanilla until light. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack after 1 minute.