Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from TOH a few years back. It is quite wonderful....if you like penuche.
Make and share this Brown Sugar Cashew Fudge recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped salted cashews
- Line a 9" square pan with foil and grease it with 1 1/2 tsp butter. Set aside.
- In heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and 1/4 cup butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, gradually add icing sugar, mix well.
- Fold in cashews.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan. Cool.
- Lift out. Cut in 1" squares.
- Refrigerate in airtight container.
MADE FOR SPRING, 2009 PAC. A really neat fudge/penuche to make AND eat. While I like nuts, I don't like nuts in my stuff (brownies, breads, fudge, etc.), but this sounded really interesting and super easy to make. IT WAS!! After bringing it to a rapid boil, I turned it down to a slower boil for the 5 mins. FYI, I used a medium 6" wide saucepan. Definitely a holiday treat worth making again.