Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was on top of a shoebox full of recipes my grandmother had clipped from magazines. I remember these fondly -- always coupled with a glass of cold milk. Full of old-fashioned flavor!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8" baking pan.
- Sir together butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and stir until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to brown sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Add vanilla extract and chopped pecans and stir.
- Pour into the greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- When cool, cut into bars and dust with powdered sugar.