Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great vegetable and rice combination! Can be used as a side dish or a meatless one dish meal. From Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- Prepare the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium hear.
- Add asparagus and peppers and sauté 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Stir in pine nuts and rice and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with parmesan cheese is desired.
This was really good. I used walnuts instead of the pine nuts and I used 90 second brown rice
We loved this rice! I think next time I cook it I will add garlic. We are just that kind of people! heh heh I cooked the rice in my rice cooker and then added the sauteed vegetables. Thank you for posting this for us!
Excellent!! Did not have yellow peppers, only red. I will definitely make this again. Rarely do I rave about a simple rice dish, but this was VERY good. I did add 1/2 vegetable boullion cube when I cooked the rice. Thanks for posting blondie!