1/1 Photo of Brown Rice Extraordinaire
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This is a hearty and satisfying dish. I found this recipe a few years ago and have played with it a bit. Tweak it to suit your taste buds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml brown basmati rice
- 768.91 ml water
- 236.59 ml red onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 36.97 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 36.97 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml salt, more to taste
- 1.23-2.46 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 177.44 ml kalamata olive, chopped
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1Rinse rice with cold water in bowl or strainer until no longer cloudy.
- 2Lightly oil a 2 liter casserole dish.
- 3Turn oven on to 400°F.
- 4Combine all but the last 4 ingredients in the dish.
- 5Cover, bake for 1 hour.
- 6Add olives, stir. Bake for 30 minutes more, covered.
- 7Let sit for 5 minutes, covered. Rice should be soft, water absorbed.
- 8Stir in parsley and mint. Add more salt if desired.
- 9Drizzle with the tbsp of oil and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Extraordinaire
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 524.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g