Brown Rice and Roast Pumpkin Salad
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Combine rice and 1 litre water in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut pumpkin into 3cm pieces. Place pumpkin in a bowl with oil, sauce and syrup. Toss until the pumpkin is well coated. Generously line a medium baking dish with baking paper, extending paper over the edges; add the pumpkin and marinade. Roast for about 35 minutes, or until the pumpkin is browned and cooked through.
- Combine the rice with celery, parsley, pecans, rind and juice in a large bowl; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the rice mixture on a serving platter; top with the pumpkin. Drizzle with the warm marinade.