Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 400 g brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes and stock to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add lentils to soup. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and bread rolls.