Recipe by Kimke
A childhood favorite passed down from my grandmother.
Top Review by CountryLady
A quick & easy recipe that results in good cookies! I used Neilson's macaroons & an air bake cookie sheet - they required 10 minutes. If you only have 1 cookie sheet (like me), be sure to return the dough to the fridge while the first batch is baking. Its much easier to shape the balls when the dough is cold. Thanx Kimke!
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb chocolate wafers or 1⁄2 lb chocolate mint wafers (or hershey's kisses)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in flour.
- Chill about 1 hour.
- Shape in 1 inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each by pressing a chocolate wafer in each center.
- Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pan.