Creamy and delicious; you won’t believe it’s cauliflower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives or 1/2 teaspoon green onion
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto (optional)
- 1Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
- 2Clean and cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan and cook the garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Drain the cauliflower well; do not let cool and pat it very dry between several layers of paper towels.
- 4In the bowl, mash the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan, asiago, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper until almost smooth.
- 5Mix in chives and pesto, if desired, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Butter Cauliflower Mash
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.5
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 784.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: