Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
If you like the Denver Broncos, serve this bread during one of their games. This freezes well. I got this from my Colorado Cache Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons freshly grated orange rind
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, or frozen or canned,well drained
- Combine butter, water, orange juice and rind in a bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and fold in blueberries by hand.
- Bake at 325 degrees in greased 9x5 inch baking pan for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
This was tasty! I had fresh orange juice & zest left over from another recipe and had just bought some blueberries so this recipe was just what I needed. It rose up very nicely and is very pretty. I thought it was a little dry but I warmed up a slice in the microwave for 12 seconds and added some butter and that really helped add moistness. Made a nice breakfast! Thanks!
This was easy & tasty. I used half whole-wheat flour & half all-purpose, and I used about 1 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries. The orange flavor is subtle but it's definitely there. Great with the blueberries. After 1 hr 10 min, my tester came out clean, it smelled divine, & I cooled it on a rack. I think, though, that it would've benefited from about 5 more min of baking, as it seemed almost TOO moist the next day, and sticky on top. I'll definitely make again.