Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT. From Indian Lowfat Cooking by Roshi Razzaq.
Make and share this Broken Potatoes With Spices - Aloo Ka Bhurta recipe from Food.com.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins and leave them to cool.
- Then peel and break them into a lumpy mash.
- If preferred, peel potatoes first and then boil.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized heavy bottomed saucepan and add the onion, cumin seeds, and whole dried chilies, breaking them into the pan.
- Fry until the onions turn a rich, golden brown.
- Add the mashed potato.
- Sprinkle in, and mix well after each addition, the turmeric, tomato, green chili, and salt.
- Blend in 3/4 to 1 cup of water and leave the mixture to cook over a low heat until it begins to bubble.
- Add half the cilantro leaves, stir, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Garnish the dish with the remaining cilantro leaves.