Posted for ZWT. From Indian Lowfat Cooking by Roshi Razzaq.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes in their skins and leave them to cool.
- 2Then peel and break them into a lumpy mash.
- 3If preferred, peel potatoes first and then boil.
- 4Heat the oil in a medium sized heavy bottomed saucepan and add the onion, cumin seeds, and whole dried chilies, breaking them into the pan.
- 5Fry until the onions turn a rich, golden brown.
- 6Add the mashed potato.
- 7Sprinkle in, and mix well after each addition, the turmeric, tomato, green chili, and salt.
- 8Blend in 3/4 to 1 cup of water and leave the mixture to cook over a low heat until it begins to bubble.
- 9Add half the cilantro leaves, stir, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- 10Garnish the dish with the remaining cilantro leaves.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broken Potatoes With Spices - Aloo Ka Bhurta
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g