Recipe by Kauaian cook
Found on the Robert's Food Center website -- this wonderfully simple recipe gives a fabulous flavor to Ahi. Broil, or use your bbq grill. Ahi is easy to prepare, and use all the various grades with this marinade for a quick and tasty main dish. Prep time does not include 1/2 hour chill time.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Delicious and simple to make! I doubled the amount of honey and marinated for 5 hours. The tuna was moist and delicious (I used albacore). I garnished with sliced green onions. Thanx for a great tuna recipe; it's one I'll be repeating!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs tuna steaks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon peeled finely chopped fresh ginger (or grated)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a zip-lock plastic bag, combine all ingredients except fish; shake to combine.
- Place tuna steaks in bag with marinade; chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Broil or grill until done-- brushing with marinade (medium-well done is 4 minutes per side for 3/4 to 1 inch steaks).