Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy and versatile! You can change the flavor of this dish by changing the types of cheese (i.e. pepper jack for a spicier flavor). This works out well for low carbers too!
- 1⁄2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the broiler to medium.
- Lightly butter a 11"x7"x2" baking dish.
- Mix the cheeses, dill and egg yolk in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, then add the garlic.
- Stir for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Add the spinach to the pan and saute until wilted.
- Transfer spinach to strainer; drain well.
- Pour over the garlic in the baking dish.
- Toss to coat with the oil and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Broil until cheese is golden on top, and the spinach is heated through.
I made this recipe as directed however; I reduced the amount of dill and used dried dill instead of fresh. I think next time around I am going to omit the dill or increase the garlic. This recipe has some good bones I just think modifying it to suit own personal tastes will make it even better. Thank you for the low carb tasty side dish. They are hard to come by. :)
This is a delicious way to enjoy spinach. I made this exactly as written (the ingredients don't say how much garlic; I used 3 minced cloves). I thought the cheese combination was perfect. My toddler even enjoyed this! Thanx for this recipe; I'll make it again.