Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Quick Healthy tender steak. Good for family or company; tastes good and pretty presentation. For healthiest version use low-sodium soy sauce. Prep time includes time to marinate. The mustard sauce also goes well with sweet potatoes
- 1 lb lean flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, smashed
- Score steak diagonally across the grain at 1" intervals on both sides (in a diamond pattern), and place in a heavy duty zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine vinegar with next 6 ingredients, and pour evenly over meat.
- Seal bag and shake until steak is well coated, and marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt with mustard, cheese and garlic, cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving 2 tbsp marinade.
- Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray, and place steak on the rack.
- Broil 5 1/2" from heat, with door partially open, 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness, basting frequently with marinade.
- Slice steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4" thick slices and serve with mustard sauce.
I made this to a tee without the yogart instead I used sour cream...it was WONDERFUL!!!! My entire family can't wait until I make it again! Thank you!
I made this and followed the recipe to a T strap. Most was ok. UNTIL -- Yogurt & Mustard. What do YOU think Yogurt & Mustard tasted like?? Do yourself a flavor, skip the sauce.