Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are the best crab appetizers you will eat. They are so easy to make and everyone loves them. This recipe was given to me by a friend who got it from an old cookbook.
- 1 lb special crabmeat or 1 lb backfin crab meat
- 1 (5 ounce) jarold english sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons french's mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 saltines, crushed
- 6 English muffins, halved and quartered (48 pieces)
- Pick through crab to remove all shells.
- Heat jar of cheese in microwave just enough to soften.
- Mix all ingredients except crab and muffins.
- Mix well. Then gently fold in crab meat.
- IMPORTANT: These crab topped muffins must be frozen at least 30 minutes before broiling.
- When ready to serve, broil until bubbly and brown.
- Takes only a few minutes.
- Be sure to use all 48 pieces.
- Applying too much on the muffins will make the outside too brown and the inside won't be cooked.
- These can be kept in the freezer (wrapped) for 3-4 weeks before baking.
- Use as needed for entertaining.