Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 lbs frozen broccoli florets or 2 lbs fresh blanched broccoli florets, drained
- 4 cups crumbled crackers (recommended -- Ritz crackers)
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed small
- 1 lb camembert cheese, sliced thin
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F.
- In a large stock pot of boiling salted water, blanch broccoli florets for 3 minutes. Remove from water and shock in a large bowl of ice water. Remove from ice water and drain on a paper towel lined platter. Set aside.
- Using a plastic bag, crush crackers. Add the thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne, pepper and melted butter until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large casserole dish lightly greased with butter add broccoli and cheeses. Pour cracker topping on top of cheese and broccoli. Wrap with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in oven.
- Remove from oven. Take foil off and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
My family loves broccoli but I wanted to mix it up a bit so I tried this recipe. It was awesome and a big hit. It was requested for Christmas. The Camembert cheese really made a difference in the flavor
I took a chance on this recipe since it had not been rated. It looked like it had potential. It was one of the best vegetable dishes we have eaten. The camembert cheese was so creamy and rich and the spices really kicked it. Thanks for a great recipe. I can see using this with brussel sprouts, asparagus and other green vegetables.