Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy, healthy, especially if you use low fat instead of regular mayo and sour cream and good. Cook time includes chill time
- 2 cups chopped cooked broccoli, i usually use frozen
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, i use low fat
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, i use low fat
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a food processor or blender combine broccoli, sour cream, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill.
I got this recipe from an old TOH issue. It is a great "basic" recipe that I have always doctored up like I was making actual guacamole. I add more onion, chili powder, sea salt, diced tomatoes, and sometimes, a small avocado for texture. It is a great way to save on calories... and to eat broccoli!
I was really torn between 3 & 4 stars for this. It is ok, but not something I enjoyed that much. A different way to eat broccoli, but didn't have much flavor. I thought from the ingredient list that it would be delish. I did use fat free products (all I had). I may try again with some additions. I definitely thought it needed more salt. Maybe some extra seasonings would perk it up. Thanks for a neat idea, though.