Recipe by Sue Lau
This luxurious sauce is fantastic with the broccoli. It is dressy enough for a special meal, and a little bit different from ordinary cheese sauces.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I love horseradish, so I knew I'd love this. You can definitely taste the horseradish, but it's not too strong. The sauce is nice and thick and stays right on top of the broccoli. I did cut some fat by making up half the amount of whipping cream with fat free half anf half. This is a keeper. Thanx!
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a saucepan until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining whipping cream, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add the Co-Jack cheese, Parmesan, horseradish, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Stir constantly until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth.
- Serve hot sauce at once over broccoli spears.