Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible. It provides a different way to prepare one of my favorite veggies--broccoli.
- 680.38 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, minced
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 9.85 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- Place the broccoli florets in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water.
- Steam the broccoli until bright green and crisp tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the garlic, scallions, rice vinegar, and sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Plunge the broccoli into cool water to stop the cooking process, drain well.
- Place well drained broccoli in a medium bowl and toss with sesame dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.
These were very good. I stirfried everything and served them hot. I also added 2 tbs of soy sauce. They were perfect! Made for ZWT4.
I thought this was pretty good, but DH didn't like the vinegar smell/taste. Served with ginger beef stir fry.
This was a great side dish - loved the taste of the sesame oil and sesame seeds with the broccoli! I steamed the broccoli in my microwave. Thanks Paula for a nice healthy side dish!